Approved for Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, Pakistan, South Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand
Simple, affordable USB Modem
The USRobotics 56K* USB Softmodem delivers the performance and reliability USRobotics is known for in a compact, cost effective form factor. Broadly compatible with Windows including 64 bit and server systems, the modem uses the CPU of the host computer for high compression throughput due to direct parallel access. Features include ring detection and qualification — eliminating unintended wake-on-ring events due to activity on the phone line other than ringing, as well as handling pulse dial control to eliminate system timing dependencies common with soft modems. The USRobotics USB Softmodem is fully compatible with V.92 and lower rates, making it ideal for compact POS solutions that only require V.34.
USB convenience and ease of use
- Simple USB Plug and Play installation
- Hot-swappable (installs/uninstalls automatically)
- Bus-powered so it doesn’t require an external power supply
Advanced features and functionality
- Send and receive faxes through your computer while running other applications
- Permanently store preferred modem default settings
- Caller ID support†
Get the speed you need
- Quick Connect (V.92) reduces the time it takes to establish your dial-up Internet connection
- V.92 lets you send attachments up to 50% faster
- Plug and play installation means the USRobotics modem is ready to use in seconds
- Compatible with Windows XP/XP 64 bit/2003/2003 64 bit/Vista/Vista 64 bit/Server 2008/Server 2008 64 bit/Win 7/Win 7 64 bit/Win 8/Win 8 64 bit/Server 2011/Server 2012
- Compatible with Windows Embedded POSReady 2009
- Common driver across multiple Operating Systems
- US, Canada, and European regulatory approvals
- Qualified for additional worldwide regulatory approvals, license fee for full approval
* Capable of receiving at up to 56 Kbps and sending at up to 48 Kbps (or 31.2 Kbps with V.90 server). Due to FCC regulations on power output, receiving speeds are limited to 53.3 Kbps. Actual speeds may vary. V.92 and V.90 features require compatible phone service and support from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). USRobotics modems featuring V.92 enhancements are backward compatible and will negotiate the highest possible speed when connecting to an ISP.
† Call Waiting/Caller ID service required for utilizing Caller ID capability.