Click for more product images
Approved for China, Australia, Hong Kong, South Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan
Approved for India, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines
High-performance V.92 modem, now with Voice
The USRobotics 56K* USB Modem, now with voice, delivers the performance and reliability USRobotics is known for, in a compact, flexible form factor. This controller-based modem integrates powerful communications processing functions into the modem itself, for assured performance without sapping your computer’s processing power. It is also broadly compatible across major operating systems including Linux, Windows and Macintosh (including Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Snow Leopard, and Mountain Lion). V.22 Fast Connect, which reduces the connection sequence time for very small data transfers, makes this modem ideal for Point of Sale (POS) systems. The USB modem also supports USRobotics Modem on Hold application to screen incoming voice calls while online, and to answer calls without losing your internet connection – no second phone line is needed!
USB convenience and ease of use
- Simple USB Plug and Play installation
- Hot-swappable (installs/uninstalls automatically)
- Bus-powered so it doesn’t require an external power supply
Advanced features and functionality
- Send and receive faxes through your computer while running other applications
- Supports group faxing and timed faxing
- Permanently store preferred modem default settings
- Perfect for creating a Telephone Answering Device (TAD)
- DTMF / Tone Generation and Reporting
- Configurable 8 or 16 bit voice compression
- 7200, 8000, and 11025 sampling rates
Get the speed you need
- Fast Connect (V.22) allows 1200 bps connections without error control in about 3 seconds, making this modem ideal for POS and ATM transactions that require lightning fast connections.
- Quick Connect (V.92) reduces the time it takes to establish your dial-up Internet connection.
- V.92 lets you send attachments up to 50% faster.
Powerful Management Tools
- USRobotics Modem on Hold application lets you:
- Screen incoming calls so you can take the important ones
- Take calls while online without dropping your Internet connection – there’s no need for a second phone line
- Firmware upgradable and downloadable software ensure that this modem will continue to meet your changing needs
- Compatible with most major operating systems, Windows, Linux and Macintosh including Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Snow Leopard, and Mountain Lion — 32 and 64 bit.
Global Regulatory Approvals
- Approved for US, Canada, Europe, Israel, South Africa, UAE, Australia, Hong Kong, South Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, and Taiwan
- USR5637-OEM approved for China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Phillipines
- Qualified for additional worldwide regulatory approvals, license fee for full approval
* Capable of receiving at up to 56 Kbps and sending at up to 48 Kbps (or 31.2 Kbps with V.90 server). Due to FCC regulations on power output, receiving speeds are limited to 53.3 Kbps. Actual speeds may vary. V.92, V.90, and V.22 features require compatible phone service and support from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). USRobotics modems featuring V.92 enhancements are backward compatible and will negotiate the highest possible speed when connecting to an ISP.
Call Waiting service required for using USRobotics Modem on Hold application and Modem on Hold. Call Waiting/Caller ID service required for utilizing Caller ID capability.
Voice features require voice firmware available at www.usr.com/support/5637. Voice messaging requires additional third party software. Software included with the product enables data/fax support only.